Welcome to Project Safety Net
Our mission is to develop and implement a community-based mental health plan for overall youth well-being in Palo Alto.
Need help? Suicide and crisis hotline 1-855-278-4204
Upcoming PSN Events and Updates
Palo Alto’s Means Restriction Efforts and the Restructuring of PSN Read the the City of Palo Alto’s press release that highlights its comprehensive approach to address
the recent teen suicide cluster in the community that involves both “means restriction” and the restructuring of PSN.
Summer vacation is here. Our commitment to support youth well-being and suicide prevention in Palo Alto continues. Here are some resources for your family:
- Adolescent Counseling Services will be open during the summer for teens and their families
- “Hotlines for Teen” brochure published by the Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- PAUSD Health Services
- HEARD Alliance
- Project Cornerstone; 41 Developmental Assets
Click here for additional resources.
What can parents do right now to decrease the risk of suicide in their children?
by Adam Strassberg, M.D. (Guest Opinion: Keep Calm and Parent On)
How to help someone in crisis
by Dr. Meg Durbin, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, and Dr. Shashank V. Joshi, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, on behalf of the executive committee of the HEARD Alliance
- PSN Strategic Plan 2013-2014
- PSN Organizational Structure and Implementation Planning Process – Summary Report – June 2011
- 2011 Developmental Assets Survey Results
Featured Websites for Teens