Project Safety Net is a collaborative community network held together by a common interest of fostering youth well-being in Palo Alto. Our mission is to develop and implement a community-based mental health plan that includes education, prevention and intervention strategies that together provide a “safety net” for youth in Palo Alto, and defines our community’s teen suicide prevention efforts.
The Project Safety Net Community Collaborative includes mental health organizations, nonprofits, youth organizations, faith organizations, individuals, PAUSD and the City of Palo Alto staff to realize the mission of Project Safety Net.
Meet the Project Safety Net Staff:
- Mary Gloner – Executive Director
Meet the 2016-17 Leadership Team:
- Dr. Steven Adelsheim – Psychiatrist, Stanford Medicine/Stanford University Department of Psychiatry and HEARD Alliance
- Kathleen Blanchard – Parent Survivor and Suicide Prevention Advocate
- Jaymie Byron – Director of Community Outreach & Crisis Response Coordinator, Kara
- Rob de Geus (PSN Co-Chair) – Director of Community Services, City of Palo Alto
- Mary Gloner – Executive Director, Project Safety Net
- Dr. Shashank Joshi – Psychiatrist, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital/Stanford University Department of Psychiatry and HEARD Alliance
- Lissette Morre-Guerra (PSN Co-Chair) – Student Services Coordinator, Palo Alto Unified School District
- Lan Nguyen – Suicide and Crisis Services Manager, Santa Clara County Mental Health
- Christine Tam – Director of School and Community Based Services, Adolescent Counseling Services
- Susan Usman – Past President, Palo Alto Council of PTA’s (PTAC)
- Minka van der Zwaag – Manager of Human Services, City of Palo Alto